Sunday, February 21, 2010

spring?

i was putting the finishing touches on a summer workshop portfolio when my thought was interrupted by my new neighbours, who decided sunday night 7pm was a great time to move into the apartment. i went downstairs to confirm that moving was indeed going on, instead of the installation of a bowling alley, and these people had the nerve to look at me funny style. as if i'm the one making the noise. sigh. so here i am, taking a forced break from my work; hoping that in an hour they will be done.

february was such a stressful month so i'm actually anticipating the end of the month next week. with work, school, car malfunctions, and a family illness i am more than ready to say hello to march. i already have a trip planned (need to buy the plane ticket though) to raleigh, nc to visit a poet friend in the middle of the month!

i found an old planner from from 2004-2005 today when i was cleaning out my closet. omg i miss my "old" life! 2004-2005 was the year before my college graduation and the planner brought back memories from my time as a busy english major - writing papers for an edgar allan poe class, running to sga meetings, jobs, editing for the paper, going to concerts, gossip lunches in the student center, creating posters for rush, meetings with the advisor! i miss it sooooooo much. and i don't ever remember being busy or begrudging anything. sigh. can i go back to college?

No comments: