Friday, January 29, 2010

another work week

is over and i am thanking God for the weekend. it's going to go by in such a blur since I have so much to do. I need to write so much this weekend - for school i have a poetry submission due, i need to prep some poems for a couple of summer worskhops, a recommendation for a student, piano lesson, time with mom, and working out.

i had to travel out of town for 2 days this week which isn't out of the ordinary, but i had to travel with a companion - a co-worker who is neither an admissions counselor or on my friend list. last year, she basically bad mouthed me to my boss and i had to drive to tallahassee AND orlando with her! the fact that she dissed me is only half the problem, the other half of the problem is that she does data entry....making her presence even more questionable. i actually think she was sent as a spy.

initially, the trip was extremely awkward, i mean no talking at all throughout the drive to tallahassee. then, i looked at myself in the hotel mirror (we had to share a room as well) and reminded myself that i am a consummate professional....so i took the high road and feigned a friendly demeanor. i asked about her emotionally co-dependent relationship, pretended it was normal; asked about her hobbies, found nothing of particular interest; asked about her siblings, don't care; laughed at her jokes, not funny; and acted as if her presence was valued, it wasn't. but i maintained a cool exterior and i'm so proud of myself. the next day when i returned to work, i ignored her.

so i'm glad the weekend is here...even if it will be filled with lots to do....at least i'm not stuck in that car.

No comments: