Monday, January 18, 2010

fallen off

i have so fallen off the blog wagon. i've been meaning to post and even have the drafts to prove it, but i never actually submitted any of these posts. i even had a great new year's post...

so, a lot has been going on and in the same breath not much at all. i started a new blog with some friends that is kinda fun: sundayrainbowdressclub.blogspot.com.

i still really dislike my job and the majority of the people there.

i just entered my 2nd semester of school. i can already tell that this semester is going to be a big challenge. one of my small group members writes the most difficult poems ever...as in his vocabulary is rich and he loves to use science, math, logic, etc. in his work. this has made me realize that i really need to become involved with work that i don't like. i can't just continue to read the poetry that i enjoy. so this semester will be about reading!

continuing on the subject of school, i am really questioning my writing (this happens often, esp. after a residency). i'm taking a class, poetry as reportage and the books used are by writers whose aesthetic is much more duller than mine. so i decide, instead of just being bored by their writing, perhaps, i should use reportage in my own style. thinking that this new style would not go over well with my small group i use it during a workshop and everyone freaking loves it....making me question what i always thought my style to be. then my workshop instructor told me that one of my poems didn't resonate with him emotionally.....knife. through. the. heart.

but anyway, it's way past my bedtime, but i will be back soon.

No comments: