Sunday, January 24, 2010

plum haze

one thing i love and hate about grad school and the whole residency thing is not being there full time and returning back to my "real" life. the week of the residency is such an amazing experience. i am surrounded by writers and other poets and i just get so much from that environment. then i return back home and i'm depressed....actually depressed because i'm away from it all. oh well, may will come quickly enough.

speaking of writing though, i am applying to some other summer workshops in hopes of working with other faculty who may be able to help me with my style and voice (not that i'm not getting that with my current program). excited! this one program i'm interested is held in san fransisco at the usf campus *fingers crossed* i will let you know how it all goes.

so, other then writing i'm completely obsessed with styling and decorating my new apartment. i'm taking it very sloooooow so i won't be stuck with items that i've decided i don't like. i recently purchased a new sofa that i think is the 5th greatest love of my life.



it's plum! can you believe it?! i got it at havertys for a very very good price
($259). I was just about to leave but i went to the clearance section and found this gem.....so exciting! i'll be sure to post every time i add a new piece to my space.

No comments: